Digital banking has become the order of the day. There is no wonder that India’s oldest and largest bank SBI, offers excellent internet and mobile banking services to its customers. Though there are several branches of the bank, and you can find one even in the rural pockets of India, not to mention branches overseas, it is indeed difficult to visit the bank physically for banking requirements. The YONO app for mobile banking and internet banking has made life easier. Downloading the bank account statement using your smartphone is indeed an advantage. You might require a bank account statement for filing an account. Therefore, it will be great to have the SBI bank statement on the email. You can avail of these services using a smartphone.
Points to consider for getting a bank statement on email
To access the facility, SBI offers to download the statement through email; you should have fulfilled the following aspects. It includes
- Register your mobile number with the bank. You should be able to receive OTP via SMS on this number.
- Register your email also with the bank. This is where you will receive the SBI statement online
- You should have an account number
- You should have a smartphone with an internet connection.
SBI Bank statement on email
There are two methods to access the SBI account statement via email. The two methods include
- Using the SBI Quick app
- By registering for a monthly e-statement subscription
However, you would have to follow the step-by-step process to help you access the account statements over the registered email. Let us consider in detail the steps involved in both the purposes. Let us consider them.
SBI Bank Statement through Email using the SBI Quick app
This refers to accessing the account statement without using the net banking login process.it includes
- Downloading the SBI Quick App. You can do it on your smartphone. However, ensure that you have registered the phone number with the bank. You can download the quick app suitable for android phones or ios depending on the gadget you have.
- Open the app. You will see statements that seek your permission Click on the allow button to give the required permissions. This will open the app.
- You will then move on to the home page. Tap on the account services option that you will find on the main home page.
- Click on the Web Icon for the 6-month e-statement option. You will move on to a new page.
- You will enter the account number in the space provided for the same. Also, enter the 4-digit passcode. That is one required to open the pdf of the accounts statement you want to receive on the email.
- Now, enter the duration for which you will require the accounts statement. You can select a period of up to 6 months. Then click on the submit button.
- You will now receive a popup message. It will say – that your success has been processed successfully. It will be delivered to your registered email.
- Click on OK to get back to the home page.
- Within a few seconds, you will receive an email if it is from Phonebanking@sbi.co.in. You will be getting the statement in your email id.
- You have to open the mail and then the attached e-statement to access the same.
- Open the statement with the passcode that you have set earlier.
You can take a printout of the account statement anytime you want.
SBI account through Monthly E-statement subscription registration
To receive the account statement for a month in PDF format,
you have to register on the YONO Lite app. The steps to follow include
- Downloading the SBI YONO lite App. Get the registration done. Follow the steps for registration and complete the process.
- Now, open the app and log in with the net banking password. Alternatively, you may use the six-digit Easy PIN.
- Tap on the My Accounts option on the home page of the app
- On the next page, tap on the e-statement subscription option.
- Select the account number from the drop-down list. You must also choose the registered email Id for the respective account.
- In the frequency option, selects the Monthly option.
- Now, tap on the submit button. The subscription request will be sent to the bank.
- You will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number. You have to enter the OTP number in the space for the same and click on the submit button.
You have now activated the option to receive a monthly e-statement of your account. You will receive the email in PDF format. The statement of the previous month will be delivered on the 1st of every month. You can then open it using the password listed in the mail itself.