YONO App refers to the digital banking platform provided by the State Bank of India for its customers. YONO is the short form of “You Only Need One “. This means that the app is good enough to help you access a wide range of financial services, from booking your flight, rail, and bus tickets. Additionally, you can book your taxi as well. Apart from this, you can also use it for online shopping and payment of medical and mobile bills. Since YONO is available as an Android and iOS mobile app, it is user-friendly.
YONO lock feature- what is it?
Though financial institutions offer scope for downloading and using the mobile app, the customers are quite hesitant to download and use the app owing to security reasons. SBI has responded to this issue by introducing an extra security feature. This means that you can lock/unlock the YONO application anytime. This means that you can protect your YONO application from unauthorized log-in. You can lock the app and unlock it only when you want to use it.
How to Lock the SBI YONO application?
- Open the SBI YONO application. Log in. There will be a “Lock App” option there. You need to click on it.
- This will take you to the next screen. You would have to enter the net banking ID, registered mobile number, account number, etc. in the space provided and click next.
- You will then receive an OTP. It will be in the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided and click on the Next button
- You would now have the YONO application locked successfully.
How to Unlock the YONO application?
When you complete the locking procedure, you will be protecting the app from unauthorized log-in. However, when you want to use it, you have to Unlock the app for the same. The simple steps to unlock the YONO application include
- Opening the SBI YONO app. Then you have to log in using MPin or user ID and the Login Password.
- You will see the Unlock option on the screen. Click on it.
- This will take you to the next screen. You have to enter the profile password. However, you can reset a profile password if you do not remember one; you can enter the ATM Card number or ATM PIN. Then you can proceed.
- You have to set the new net banking password. Enter the password that you want and confirm.
- You would have unlocked the YONO application.
You can then log in using the net banking user name and the login password for the same as usual. Alternatively, it is also possible to set the new log-in MPIN by logging in to net banking. The process includes clicking and opening the service request. Click the setting application. Then set a new MPIN.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you unlock the YONO application?
The process is simple. The first step is to click on the Unlock option. Then you can unlock the app either using the net banking profile password or by using the ATM card and ATM PIN. The steps in detail can be unlocked using the above-mentioned steps.
Can you lock and unlock the app on your own?
Yes. It is a temporary procedure to prevent misuse of the app. Therefore, you will be locking the app temporarily. You can use it by following simple steps for locking and unlocking the app.